Friday, May 14, 2010

Apple Pie


So I decided to make Apple pie today, since there had been a pie crust sitting in the fridge for a couple of days. Apples and pineapples I think have to be my fav fruit. Anyways so my romanian housemate had once given me this amazing apple pie that her mum made, and so I asked her for the recipe, but me obviously having no patience at all searched up a recipe online that claimed to be Romanian style apple pie, and I bought my self a bag of apples.
So according to the recipe I had to grate 8-10 apples..this is actually a really really long task.
Wash, cut, peel, grate x 8...not that fun at all.
So I used a tenderflake pie crust, stuffed it all in and baked it for about 30mins.
Got it out of the oven, the pie crust was cracking in a few places, in not a very nice way, and was slightly undercooked. So left it in the oven for a bit more, didn't get any better so I took it out hoping the inside would be better.
Cut it up and I wasn't rewarded. The apples were not cooked properly, they weren't mushy enough.
So all in all that didnt go well. I want to blame it on the pie crust, I feel like I should have just made my own and maybe things would have gone better.
But anyways I will have another go at this whole apple pie thing once I get an actual recipe from my friend

No comments:

Post a Comment